Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to school

We got a moment of relaxation with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day yesterday, but now I'm back at school. I didn't do as much homework as I should have, and unfortunately wasn't able to spend much time with Steve, but it was a nice break regardless. Steve has been working on the car (that my Grandpa Bruderer gave to us since he can't drive anymore) and it's been taking longer than anticipated. It's either do the work manually while buying the new parts for a good couple hundred dollars or pay someone else to do it for about $1400. We don't exactly have oodles of money to spend... so it's costing Steve his time. I wish I knew more about cars to help out, but I would slow things down by not knowing much of anything. Oh well.

What else of importance? I was considering just losing gavinmikhailfans.net since I stopped updating it and the forums were getting swamped with bots. I had closed down the forums and the domain name had expired... but I decided yesterday to just get it for another year anyway. Gavin is doing more now, and I think I could keep up with it. I spent so much time on the layout and it got a fair amount of traffic; I think it could really be something. Unfortunately, I should not have kept thephantomzoners.com since that has been abandoned with a lot of bots as well, but I guess I had set it to automatically renew so I've already been charged for another year. Oops. I'll set it so it doesn't do that again. Maybe this summer I can give Jephthah's Domain a new look. It's had that one for a while. I think I might change the color scheme to something more happy as well. I unfortunately came up with black and blue in high school thinking that black was the coolest background color there is. Eh, it's alright. But, I think white with maybe a dark blue and and yellow or something would be more eye-catching and exciting. Then people might be more motivated to actually stay on my website and look around. I've had it for a while and have definitely spent too much time on it to give it up. I can put whatever I want on that website. Yay for websites!

This all came up because my dad is coming up with another business. He wants a website for his Christmas light shows. He's making a program that makes it easier to program cooler stuff, and he wants to sell it. superstarlights.com has been bought and is waiting to be made. I've got a basic idea for it, but right now the roadblock is that byethost (my hosting) is having trouble sending me e-mails, so I still haven't gotten the information to login and upload things to it. I've contacted support... and we're getting there. Wow. I've made a lot of websites. I've got jephthahs-domain.com, spiderwebman.net, gavinmikhailfans.net, thephantomzoners.com (didn't do much to make this though, since it's just a pre-made forum), and now this superstarlights.com. A pretty good resume if I wanted a job making websites. In fact, my dad is paying me to keep up with spiderwebman.net (his other business) and superstarlights.com, so that's pretty cool. Extra money is always nice.

Wow. I think this could possibly win the competition for most boring blog post ever. Oops. I was trying to make these more exciting. Oh well. Maybe next time?

1 comment:

Mrs. Hobbs said...

I left a message on your phone...Mark really wanted to talk to you and was very sad when he realized he was only talking to your voicemail. "It's broken!" he said and handed me the cell phone back. I read your comments though. You've got to call me so we can chat about your student teaching that's coming sooner than you think. I student with some of the BEST theatre teachers and picked up some very GOOD habits. I advise you to try to find a teacher you can shadow who already has a great program. Call me when you get the chance!